In the following you will find my notes on data processing
I, the notary Dr. Sabine Engelhardt, take your right to responsible handling of your data seriously. Therefore, I ask to read the following
Notes on data processing
1. Name and Contact Details of the Person responsible for the Processing and of the Company Data Protection Officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Responsible: Notary Dr. Sabine Engelhardt, Karl-Heinrich-Ulrichs-Straße 24, 10785 Berlin, Germany, Email: email@example.com Phone: +49 (0)30 - 405994-0 Fax: +49 (0)30 - 405994-16.
The external company data protection officer of notary Dr. Sabine Engelhardt can be contacted at the following address: Höbbel Enterprises GmbH, Mr. Andreas Höbbel, Nachtigalplatz 6, 13351 Berlin, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
2. Collection and Storage of Personal Data as well as Type and Purpose and their Use
If you mandate me as notary, I will collect the following information:
title, first name, surname, if applicable, birth name, date of birth,
a valid email address,
telephone number (landline and/or mobile),
information necessary for the performance of my notarial duties.
This data is collected,
- in order to be able to identify you as a party involved in a deed;
- in order to be able to perform the notarial functions;
- for the correspondence with you, other parties involved in the deed, courts and other public authorities, other notaries, credit institutions and, if applicable, property managers of condominium owners' associations;
- for invoicing.
The data processing is carried out at your request and is necessary for the purposes mentioned for the appropriate performance of the notary’s mandate in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. c and e DSGVO.
The personal data collected by me will be stored until expiry of the statutory retention obligation for notaries (7 years or longer retention period extended by the notary) and then deleted, unless I am obliged to store the data for a longer period pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. c DSGVO due to tax and commercial law storage and documentation obligations (resulting from HGB, StGB or AO) or you have consented to a storage going beyond that in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
3. Passing on of Data to third Parties
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
To the extent it is necessary according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. c and e DSGVO for the execution of notarial mandates with you, your personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes in particular the passing on to other parties involved in the deed and their representatives (and, if applicable, their lawyers), courts and other public authorities, other notaries, credit institutions and, if applicable, property managers of condominium owners' associations for purposes of correspondence. The data passed on may be used by the third party exclusively for the purposes mentioned.
The obligation of notarial confidentiality remains unaffected. As far as data are concerned, which are subject to confidentiality, they will only be passed on to third parties in consultation with you.
4. Rights of the Persons affected
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, to request information about your personal data processed by me. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by me, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or the completion of your personal data stored by me;
- in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by me, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data to the extent the accuracy of the data is denied by you, the processing is unlawful, you, however, object to their deletion and I no longer need the data, while you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to me in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another person responsible; and
- in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO, to complain to a supervisory authority. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority of your place of usual residence or work or of my office.
5. Right of Objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 li. f DSGVO you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are reasons for this arising out of your particular situation.
Should you wish to exercise your right of objection simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.